A simple thing like a floor rug can speak a lot about the owner’s status and sense of style. Buying a rug can be something that most people wouldn’t want to invest their money. However, sooner or later they do realize the need for this simple unnoticeable thing in any house when the owners would have to host a lavish party to socialize.
Nevertheless, maintaining these floors decorative be it a carpet or a rug requires a lot of efforts. How to clean a rug may be the most frequently asked among households and this is one tedious task to be accomplished.
Probably the best preventive way to keep a rug clean is to prevent accidents and always taking off shoes as soon as one walk into their homes. Yet, every rug needs a thorough cleaning sooner or later, and following are some steps on How to clean a rug:
- Putting the rug upside down on a clean surface and vacuuming the back meticulously to allow the dirt and grit to migrate from the inner carpet to the surface.
- In the next step, reverse the rug again and vacuum the front now.
- To fully wash the rug, you should keep it on a clean surface before wetting it.
- Now you should spread some specialist carpet shampoo on it and gently use a brush on the surface.
- Rinse the shampoo thoroughly using an abundance of clean water.
- For best and professional results one can even get their carpet to a rug cleaning expert and get it cleaned making it look like brand new.
Following are some handy suggestions for a few specific types of stains:
- General stains: A general stain can be eliminated by preparing a simple solution with half a cup of vinegar and 2 spoons of common salt. The solution should be poured directly onto the carpet and then massaged moderately with a cloth. Once dried, it can be cleaned with a vacuum
- Coffee stains (not oily stains): Yogurt represents a good helper in cleaning coffee stains. To remove a coffee stain simply apply a mixture of unsweetened yogurt and water directly onto the affected area and leave it for at least one Afterward, clean it nicely with water and then let it dry.
- Urine or vomit stains: These are among the most dreaded stains. It is always better to get rid of the residues while the carpet is still wet. Having removed the residues with water, sprinkle baking soda onto the stain and let the solution absorb for an hour or so. Then the remaining powder can be vacuumed.
- Candle stains or chewing gum stains: Take some ice and massage it into the fibers of the carpet. Then rub it off with the back of a knife. As a result, all solid materials will be removed.
The best advice is to give the carpet to a rug cleaning expert, who will clean it rug with utmost care and guarantee long-lasting cleanliness, as they provide with numberonecarpetcleaning.